Online Dating and Matrimonial Services (Chapter 3, page 1 of 2)


Previous Page
Next Page

Chapter 3

Recent surveys indicate that two out of every five single persons in the age group 24 - 50 use, or have used, online dating services. Just imagine stepping into a room packed with 100 strangers and discovering that 20 of them use the same method that you do. As dating in its known sense is not allowed among Muslims, they use 'online dating' to look for potential spouses. Strangely, even while admitting to using the same mechanic, many of them would be still reluctant to admit that they use an online service. It's because despite being effective and rewarding, online dating has still not been able to wash off some stigmas attached to it. However, such stigmas notwithstanding, online interaction continues to thrive.

Another finding is that only about 5% of those using online dating services actually form a relationship with someone with whom they first make contact. There is nothing to be surprised over it, really. Because, if you walked into a room having 100 strangers, all belonging to your opposite sex and eligible, how many would you find suitable for you? Not more than 10, we presume. So, online dating is no different from the real world and you should never look for miracles.

However, an unpalatable truth is that a meager 10% of those who join online dating sites actually receive any replies. This is because the remaining 90% don't bother to write an attractive profile or upload their pictures. Expecting a reply without these vital ingredients is akin to fishing without baiting the hook. The 10% who do get replies are those who have posted nice profiles and pictures.

Previous Page
Next Page


Rate This Book

Current Rating: 2.4/5 (587 votes cast)


Review This Book or Post a Comment